I'm a natural blonde...and a natural beach babe ;) Growing up, every summer we were at the beach at least twice a week, and I loved the wave I had in my hair from being near the ocean air. Since becoming landlocked in a dry climate, the wave doesn't come as natural to my hair anymore. While I have to put a little more effort into creating that same look, I enjoy the confidence I feel from this effortless summer look!
I've created this look using John ® Beach Blonde™ products I picked up from my local Walmart. While it's labeled "Beach Blonde™" that doesn't mean that brunette and red-head beach babes can't join in on the fun!
1. Wash your hair with John ® Beach Blonde™ Purifying Shampoo and Conditioner which helps to nourish and prep your hair with the texture needed for this beachy style! I loved the minty smell and refreshing feel of these products.
2. After blow-drying, use John ® about 15 seconds. The infused sea salt helps to create more texture, which is sorely needed in a dry climate! Plus the coconut scent is to die for :) Follow up with some light hairspray of your choice for hold.
3. Curling rods are the best! I wrap a piece of hair away from my face to create face framing curls. Wrap it loosely around the rod, and tug the end of the piece of hair back and forth to move the curl back and forth around the curling rod. This ensures a messier and not-so-perfect curl. I typically leave the ends out to make it seem more natural.
4. After curling a section of hair, pull/shake out the curls to make them fall apart and follow up with another generous spray of John ®'s
5. Tease your crown with a teasing comb to create height, because with a dry climate my scalp creates more oils (ew!) which flattens my already thin hair. Not fun! I live for my teasing comb and hairspray haha
6. Voila, finished product! Perfect for a low-key summer day tending to the garden, laying by the pool, or a casual date night. I wore this look all day while running errands with my mom and hitting up the beach, and the beachy waves held all day long!
Where are you going to wear this beachy John ® look this summer?