This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc.
and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringCreations #CollectiveBias
Now that summer is finally here, I'm loving the fun crafts and bright colors that come with the season! I moved into a new neighborhood a few months ago and still don't know a majority of my neighbors, gifting these adorable treat boxes would be the perfect ice breaker :)
I picked up my Scotch® crafting tools at Walmart in the craft aisle, these were my tools of choice: Scotch® Brand Utility Knife, Scotch® Brand Double Sided Tape, and Scotch® Brand Magic Tape. Any craft I want to do, there is a Scotch® product to help me out!
I also snagged some Command™ Strips to re-stock my stash, I alway loving having those on hand to keep pictures secure to the wall when the decorating mood strikes. They hold strong and come off clean!
I created a few different themed treat boxes, the tutorials are all pretty similar with their own twists. I used patterns from the Silhouette Design Store, but this is an easy project you can do without the patterns!
For the actual box part of the project, cut a piece of scrapbook paper 6.5 inches long and 5 inches high. Make sure to leave a bit of length on one side to fold in and tape. Make one notch in the middle of the longer side to later pinch shut as the bottom. Below are the colors I used for the various boxes, but it's all up to your own creative preference!
Light yellow for box
Darker yellow for lattice
Green patterned for topper
Brown for box
Green pattered for leafy portion
Turquoise for box
Light pink for big flower portion
Dark pink for center
Yellow for center
Pineapple Treat Box
1. Cut out the treat box (6.5 in x 5 in with notch and extra piece for folding).
2. With the darker yellow cut out a lattice pattern for the pineapple treat box using the Scotch® Brand Utility Knife.
3. To create the box, fold in the extra piece on the edge and place a piece of Scotch® Brand Double Sided Tape.
4. Roll paper into a cone shape and seal shut with Scotch® Brand Double Sided Tape. Place a piece of double sided tape inside the bottom of the cone and pinch the bottom sides together shut.
5. I used the Scotch® Brand Double Sided Tape to tape the lattice portion to the treat box since I had it on hand, but you could also use glue.
6. Cut out a piece of green patterned paper in the shape of a pineapple topper. Then use double-sided tape to attach it inside of the box.
7. Fill box with fun fruity candies and gift to your friends!
Palm Tree Treat Box
1. Using the Scotch® Brand Utility Knife cut out a palm tree leafy top for your treat box.
2. Roll up the brown treat box into a cone shape my friends!
3. Seal with the Scotch® Brand Double Sided Tape, and pinch the bottom closed also using the tape.
4. Fill up with treats!
Hibiscus Treat Box
1. For this box, instead of folding the bottom at a point, I made it flat.
2. Use the Scotch® Brand Magic Tape to tape the bottom onto itself. Take the other flap and do the same.
3. Cut out a hibiscus flower, seal layers together using the double-sided tape, and attach to treat box.
4. Of course, fill it up with treats! :)
Creating these treat boxes was a blast and made so much easier with Scotch® Brand! Which box is your favorite? Who would you gift yours to? :)