This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HolidayMadeSimple #CollectiveBias
My parents flew into town for the Thanksgiving weekend, which meant a lot of non-stop partying! Right after turkey day we started to set up Christmas, decorating the tree, and watching festive movies. I was able to whip up these sugar cookies, dark chocolate peppermint cookies, and a fun holiday recipe for some super easy Christmas fudge to munch on!
These Nestle Toll House Rolled & Ready Sugar Cookie Dough Sheets made it SO much easier to create fun Christmas shapes! No more making it from scratch, rolling it flat, then getting to the fun stuff. Now I can skip the tedious work and get straight to the frosting and sprinkles. Also, these Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Peppermint cookies are TO DIE FOR. I bought 2 packages just in case and I'm so glad I did. My family and I totally woofed down the first package while putting together the tree :)
My mom found this recipe for fudge, we tweaked it a bit and made it our own. It is seriously the EASIEST recipe of all time, so delicious, and the perfect treat for presents or just to have on hand.
Simple Christmas Fudge Recipe
3 cups of Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can of 14oz sweetened condensed milk
4 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
Spray pam on foil and put in 8x8 pan
1. Place foil in an 8x8 pan then spray Pam
2. Put 3 cups of Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl
3. Place the can of condensed milk, butter, salt, and vanilla into the bowl.
4. Microwave the bowl of ingredients for 1 minute, add 30 second increments to help melt. Make sure not to burn the chocolate chips, let the heat of the bowl melt the chips.
5. Mixing is the hardest part! Mix mix mix, my friends, until smooth.
6. Put chocolate mixture into pan, smooth until level, (sprinkle crushed candy cane on top if wanted) and place in fridge for about 2 hours
7. Pull out of fridge, flip the chocolate onto cutting board and cut into small bite-size squares.
8. DONE! Such an easy recipe that everyone will enjoy :)
After a long day of shopping and decorating, I was grateful to have this Stouffer's Party Size Lasagna on hand to feed my family! I always err on the side of caution and make lots of food just in case any of the boys are insanely hungry. I paired it with some garlic knots and green beans, and we enjoyed a family dinner around the table with twinkling Christmas lights in the background :)
Walmart is a life saver! When I was there purchasing some extra Christmas decorations I made sure to grab all the sweets and dinner so we could make some food at home to enjoy while decorating. I also made sure to grab double of everything so I can have food on hand while I'm making some DIY decorations ;)